Last Updated: 11th November, 2023.
Your access to and use of the Givin Gifts platform is subject to you agreeing to the terms of service found on this page. If you do not agree to these terms, then you are ineligible for an account with us.
Givin Gifts Access
By registering for an account, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older. If you do not meet this requirement - you are not eligible to create an account, signup for an exchange or otherwise use this platform. By creating an account, you accept and confirm that you meet the minimum age requirement.
Account & Security
In order for Givin Gifts to work, we need you to provide accurate and valid information in your account. If you provide information that is shown to be false, your account may be terminated. What this means, is that you are not allowed to use false information, impersonate another person, or pretend to be the President of the United States (unless you're actually the President). Whilst you are responsible for the safety and security of your account, we also take steps to protect your personal data through the encryption of all personally identifying information that we store about you.
You are not allowed to transfer your account to another person without our express written consent.
If you believe that there has been a security breach in relation to your account, please contact customer support immediately.
Quite simply? Use our platform at your own risk. You might not necessarily like what you receive, and sometimes (if the other person is not very nice) - nothing at all. It is up to you to use your discretion and initiative to follow any guidance that we may issue relating to the use of this platform. We accept no liability in respect of this matter.
You are responsible for any and all shipping fees incurred when sending a gift. Make sure you keep records, because they might come in handy if somebody claims a gift was not received. As an organisation, we make no guarantees relating to the shipping of an item.
If you signup to an exchange and fail to send a gift without valid cause, you are at risk of being suspended from our platform.
Once an exchange has been matched, you are unable to leave it. If you are facing an extraordinary situation and feel that exceptional treatment is warranted - please reach out to our support team.
No refunds will be given for premium membership in the event of an account ban.
You must ensure that any gift sent meets the minimal value threshold for an exchange. This threshold does not include the cost of shipping.
Wishlist & Gift Card Policy
You cannot ask a gifter to only buy items from your wishlist. The idea behind this platform is to have your main profile, then specific preferences per each exchange. You're able to link to a wishlist in order to give ideas, but you cannot ask your gifter to only buy items from this wishlist. In addition, you cannot ask your gifter to only buy you a gift card.
Things You Can't Do
When using this platform, you agree to abide by the terms outlined on this page, as well as any applicable laws, rules and regulations that may apply to you. The following conduct is expressly prohibited when using our platform:
- Quite simply? Don't break the law. It is entirely on you to make sure that any gift you send is legal both in the country you reside in, and the country that you are sending it to. As an organisation, you accept that we have no way of examining any package sent by you as a platform user. If you receive an item that you believe infringes upon this, please contact local law enforcement.
- Don't send any of the following prohibited items, they're either illegal to send or don't fit in with the ethos of our organisation. This also expands to sending content of this nature through messaging, placing it in your profile or preferences, etc.
- Any and all material that is or could be construed as unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, could be construed as obscene or vulgar, libellous, harassing or hateful (e.g. racist, xenophobic, sexist, etc).
- Anything that could harm a minor. You don't want to be responsible for somebody getting hurt.
- Anything stolen, or that is an unauthorised reproduction/duplication.
- Any and all material that may promote, encourage or provide instruction on any of the following: Animal cruelty, illegal activities, physical or mental harm, how to assemble weapons; or anything else that may be illegal.
We may occasionally update these terms. Please check them from time to time! You may also receive an email informing you that our terms of service have been changed.
Spreading Cheer LTD as an organisation does not make any guarantees or warranties of any kind, be it express or implied. This includes implied warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for any particular purpose or any form of non-infringement. This relates to both goods and services obtained through the Givin Gifts platform.